Pianist / Accompanist / Cultural Manager
Péter Kolcsár started his piano study at the early age of 7 at the Sigismund Toduta Music School after which he gets his higher degree at the Gheorghe Dima Music Academy from Cluj Napoca.
The desire to polish his piano music interpretation makes it possible for him to meet great masters like Adriana Bera, Csiky Boldizsar, Nemethy Attila, Walter Kraft and Cordelia Hoeffer, world famous artists ant professors with notoriety with whom experiments first masterclasses.
These meetings will enrich his expression bringing instant professional results from important competitions like Remember Enescu from Bucharest, Mozart Festival’s Competition from Cluj Napoca, Hungarian Music Festival from Bucharest, Carl Filtsch International Competition etc.
During his academic studies he gets in touch with opera genre for which he develops a passion and short time after his university degree his accompanist talent and knowledge is requested by both of the Opera Houses from his home town. This period helps him to redefine himself as an accompanist maestro being requested at the most famous voice competitions from Romania like the International Sabin Dragoi Competition, Hariclea Darclee International Competition, The Romanian Lied National Festival and Competition or the famous Masterclasses of world renown Mariana Nicolesco.
At the moment he is a piano teacher and the Artistic Director of the Virginia Zeani Royal Opera Festival.
Competitions as pianist:
- 1997 – P. Constantinescu – Paul Constantinescu international piano competition – Special prize
- 1998 – Bistrita – S. Toduta national piano competition – 2nd prize
- 2000 – Bucharest – Remember Enescu international piano competition – 3rd prize
- 2002 – Cluj-Napoca – W.A.Mozart piano competition – 2nd prize
- 2005 – Bucharest – Hungarian music competition – 2nd prize
- 2006 – Sibiu – Carl Filtsch – international piano competition
- 2007 – Cluj-Napoca – W.A.Mozart – piano competition – 3rd prize
- 2008 – Bucharest – Hungarian music competition – Special prize and Public prize
- 2009 – Timisoara – Sabin Dragoi singing competition – corepetitor Prizes with singers – Great prize ( with tenor Stefan Pop)1st prize , 2nd prize and 3rd prize
- 2009 – Cluj-Napoca – W.A. Mozart singing competition – "Best corpetitor" prize
Activities as master accompaniator:
- Sabin Dragoi International Singing Competition in 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015
- Official accompanist at Hariclea Darclee, Mariana Nicolesco’s Master Classes in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- The Romanian Lied National Singing Competition in 2012 and 2013
- The Hariclea Darclee International Singing Competition in 2015 and 2017
- L’Assoluta Virginia Zeani International Singing Competition in 2017 and 2018
Cultural management activities:
- 2016 - Co-organizer with CMS Vienna for the concert tour in South Korea of the Gheorghe Dima Music Academy’s students orchestra
- 2017 - Co-organizer with CMS Vienna for the concert tour in South Korea with the Oltenia Philarmonic Orchestra
- 2018 - Organizer of the Dabyeot Youth Wind Orchestra’s Romanian concerts tour
- 2018 - Organizer and producer of the centennial concert of the RomanianNational Holiday at the request of the County Council from Targu Mures
- 2018 - Assistent manager of the Stravaganza Festival - Strasbourg
- 2017 - 2019 - Artistic Director of the Virginia Zeani Opera Festival