- Ewha Woman’s University(B.A.) in Korea University in Seoul;
- Manhattan School of Music(M.M.) in U.S.A.;
- Michigan State University(Ph. D) in U.S.A.;
- Winner of Sejong Composition Concours (2004) U.S.A.;
- Awarded Grand Prize at the 35th Korea Composition Competition(2017).
Her works include 14 orchestral pieces, 5 pieces for Korean traditional instrumental orchestra, 20 chamber music, and more than 30 works for solo instrumental and vocal music. Lots of her music are performed successively around the world.
In present she is Emeritus professor at Sungshin Woman’s University at Seoul, Korea.